The Time I Have Left
In six hours, you will be dead.
It is fated to be.
Even so, is there anything you would like to do before the end?
A woman with only 6 hours of life remaining searches for a way out of an underground city. We will follow her time-driven escape adventure, explore and uncover the secrets of a desolate complex and face grotesque visions of death in a turn-based combat system with an active twist.
The Time I Have Left is a time-driven exploration game with RPG elements and a big focus on storytelling. The player takes the role of Aline, a woman affected by a mysterious condition that marks her for certain death: The Miasma. Players will guide Aline in a race against time to escape from an enormous underground complex, Colony 7.
During her escape, Aline suffers from disturbing visions of death presented in the form of a turn-based combat system with active elements. To survive these Near-Death Experiences, the player must use all the tools at their disposal to evade these liminal creatures until they lose the will to chase her.
- Stunning visuals – Dense environments rendered in a striking style bring the mysterious Colony 7 to life.
- Time-driven story and gameplay – The clock is always ticking. What will players do with the time they have left? Key events only trigger at specific times. Shortcuts, hidden stories, unique items, and other secrets lie in wait.
- Light and accessible RPG elements – Players will resist attacks from grotesque visions of death that assault Aline and will need to time their movements to evade the creatures that dwell in the liminal space.
- Knowledge is power – New abilities are unlocked as players complete the in-game database, granting more tools to deal with the countless unexpected scenarios in your path.
- Nostalgic flair, modern spin – The team at GROUND takes inspiration from classic games but breaks convention to create something completely original.
|Title||The Time I Have Left|
|Genre||Time-driven escape adventure with RPG elements|
|Developer||GROUND Game Atelier (Based in Barcelona, Spain)|
|Copyright||© 2022 Ground Atelier S.L. All Rights reserved|
- GameBCN 2021 Incubation Program (https://gamebcn.co/)
- Epic MegaGrants recipient (2022)
- Valencia Indie Summit 2022 Finalist (2022)
Game Director, Story, Art, Music, Game Design
Technical Lead, Gameplay, Game Design
Graphic Design, Animation
Great ideas do not expire.
We shape our work by distilling the essence of the forgotten gems that we love and bring our personal take on what a game can be, say, and mean.
Our goal is to create something special that will stick to our player’s minds.
At GROUND, we place equal value on technology and art, and strive to inspire others like we were inspired ourselves.
GROUND was formed in 2020 as an independent game development team with Yite (Creative Lead and Art Director) and Elías (Designer and Technical Director) at its core.
In January 2022, GROUND was officially incorporated as GROUND Game Atelier SL.
Yite comes from an extensive background in motion graphics, design and animation while Elías is an experienced programmer and game developer.
We are also aided by partners, collaborators, and of course blessed with the support of our amazing friends and family! We wouldn’t be here without them.
The Time I Have Left started as a personal project on Yite’s messy desk. It originated with the goal of telling a story through the many artistic and design layers that comprise a video game, placing equal value on all aspects from the early concept stage.
It was conceived as a love letter to the experimental, forgotten classics of the past and the history of the RPG and adventure genres. Its presentation and genre-blending approach are a testament to that.
First reactions to pre-production material were encouraging, but it soon became apparent that the project had much more potential than what a single person could achieve. The core team had to grow in order to fulfil those expectations, and it was around that time that Yite met Elias over a cup of tea at a café in Barcelona.
Leaving behind the safety and stability of a dayjob in order to chase a dream is never an easy thing to do, but we believe it paid off: After some months full-time work on The Time I Have Left, we secured a spot as one of the five projects accepted into GameBCN, a Barcelona-based incubation program.
From there, we worked on polishing our prototype and pushing it into being a feature-complete vertical slice demo. Prototype, test, iterate, and keep dreaming. When the year was over, we had gone from funding the project out of our own pockets to receiving an Epic MegaGrant and starting a company.
We’re now entering a new phase for GROUND and The Time I Have Left. We are looking to grow and to bring the first game of many out onto player’s hands as soon as possible.